Hospital Playdate - Healers - Dec 2019
Hello, Beautiful You!
We're so happy you want to serve as a Healer for a brilliant afternoon of wellness for hospitalized kids, their families, and hospital staff. You'll be bringing smiles to the faces of kids in the hospital and supporting their siblings and caregivers in having an afternoon of healthy, restorative fun!
Before the Playdate
- ITK will provide chairs, sheets, lotion, music, and a calm, peaceful ambiance. Healers are asked to bring massage tables, special equipment, & any magical healing tools necessary for creating a spectacular treatment!
- Pretty please - wear your ITK T-shirt if you have one. If you don't and you'll be volunteering regularly, shirts are available for $20 - proceeds go to a great cause (wink, wink)! If you don't and you won't - you can be dressed in comfy, plain clothes.
- Closed toe footwear is needed for safety. Wear your comfy shoes.
- If you have a child under 12 that would like to attend the event - YAY! - they are welcome to do so but must be accompanied by a parent/guardian who is not volunteering.
On the Playful Playdate Day
- We will meet in the lobby at Banner Children's Diamond Children's Hospital. (P.S. There is an adult hospital entrance and a children's hospital entrance. You'll know when you're at the children's entrance because it's much more fun and exciting!)
- Upon arrival Healers will deliver their handy dandy supplies, sign-in, and gather to hear details about the event.
- Please avoid taking any videos or pictures of hospitals patients & their families to protect their privacy. Selfies allowed!!
- Therapists at this event will be serving people of all ages and abilities. Some of the children will have significant health and medical needs. They may be using mobility, respiratory, and/or feeding equipment. Many patients will have IV lines in place and IV poles in tow. In regards to treatment in this context, less is more. Gentle and compassionate therapeutic intervention is always the right choice here.
- At the close of the event healers will pack their belongings, return the healing room to its natural order, sign-out, and enjoy the rest of their afternoon!
Parking at the hospital is free on the weekends. If you are delivering supplies or dropping off your kids to volunteer, you are welcome to pull directly up to the Children's Hospital Tower and unload right in front of the main entrance.
The children's parking garage (Parking Garage B) is located directly to the North of the Diamond Children's Hospital tower.
Thanks for helping the children & families in our community to enjoy this day!!!
Please feel free to share any questions about this event at Info@IntegrativeTouch.org.
Tucson, AZ 85719